Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Cheeni Kum yaa Zyaada!

"A painting satisfies your eyes, but the food satisfies your eyes, taste, smell and soul". So true. A pinch of salt or sugar can ruin the taste of the dish! "Hunger is not only a good cook, but the best physician"! All these came to my mind, when I was making lassi for myself in the afternoon, since the curd I had was sour. I tried adding a little salt, then a bit of sugar, which was more by just 5 grains I think, and it almost ruined the taste!

In the olden days, it was a custom to start cooking after bath, and eating freshly cooked meals twice a day. Preparing home made (not to mention low fat, low cal) food everyday, and having heavy meals on festivals was a good change, and not mention the fasting on Ekadashi, to cleanse the system. We are just forgetting all the things which elders did for the benefit of their (and family's) health. We are so much into stuff 'n go! Food is what makes you, and we don't have time for ourselves!!

0 comments:

 

Stream Of Thoughts Over A Cup Of Tea..... Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design